Moving assignees to Vietnam? Are you aware of the challenges?
Relo Network Asia CEO, Steve Burson is joined by Donn Garton of Resident Vietnam to discuss what’s easy and what’s not this September 2022 in Vietnam.
A few take-aways:
- Still no return of Visa-on-Arrival, applications must be submitted to a Vietnam Embassy overseas
- The Work Permit requirements are far more stringent post-pandemic and processing is more lengthy
- International schools have availability in HCMC, but the process should still begin asap to ensure the greatest selection
- High demand for property since the border has reopened comes on top of a limited expat housing supply with consistent occupancy throughout the pandemic. There is little to no room for negotiation, and negotiation was never a typical market practice
- Beware online listings. There is no exclusivity and 9 times out of ten, an online listing doesn’t contain all the fees or showcase the current property condition.
Watch the conversation and contact us if you have any additional questions.