Our Singapore team recently hosted a webinar to discuss how to overcome the current challenges in the Singapore rental market.
The current challenges include a shortage of property, which in the world of supply and demand means high prices and competition. How best to guide assignees through the current process? Our Relo Specialists shared their thoughts.
Top Assignee Home Search Advice
- Allow some flexibility on price, location, and availability for viewings
- Make a prioritized list of wants and needs and be prepared to consider properties that meet most, but not all requirements.
- Research online availability and prices using Singapore’s main property portal, PropertyGuru
- Be prepared to act immediately on a desired home including signing the Letter of Intent (LOI) and transferring quickly to the landlord accompanied by the holding deposit
- Include access to all available units by paying a tenant’s realtor fee of up to one month’s rent.
- Avoid making offers below asking price to start a negotiation or making too many contingencies.
Watch a recording of the full webinar.